12/11(Mon)-2/21(Wed): Lectures / Final adjustments / Noto Earthquake

I've been busy these days. I had seven lectures and grading, book finishing, Tohoku tour, Noto earthquake investigation, Senshu shaken disaster research group, University entrance exam, faculty academic affairs, etc. 

On December 18th (Mon), I had a year-end gathering with Sakakura-san. We ate a soft-shelled turtle.

During the winter holiday, I worked on the final proofreading of the new book. I fixed the figures and tables and adjusted a lot of text. I thought about the social meaning of disasters.

On January 1st (Mon), a large earthquake occurred in the Noto Peninsula.

On January 6th (Sαt), I was interviewed by the Sankei Shimbun about the Noto.

https://www.sankei.com/article/20240107-CTGEUQHNABPSRC2A2CBDFOMZ4I/

On January 9th (Tue), I joined a New Year's party with my high school friends.

On January 15th (Mon), I was interviewed by Nihon Keizai Shimbun and Kyodo News.

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGKKZO77685950V10C24A1EA2000/

On January 20th (Sat), we held a research seminar with Ritsuto Yoshida as a guest. We learned about the history of the military before the Great Kanto Earthquake and the history of disaster relief operations.

From 1/24 (Wed) to 26 (Fri), we investigated the earthquake disaster folklore museums in Ishinomaki, Yamamoto-cho, and Fukushima.
















On 1/27 (Sat) - 29 (Mon), I was infected with Corona and had a fever of 40 degrees.

On January 31st (Tue), I finished my personal research expense account.

2/2 (Fri) - 2/4 (Sun), I graded all lectures.

On 2/3 (Sat), I played tennis for the first time in a while at Shakujii Park.

On February 5th (Mon), we held a research seminar with Tomie Asano as a guest. We learned about the relationship between the Great Kanto Earthquake and gender studies.

On February 6th (Tue), I organized a lab management committee meeting and participated in the academic affairs committee.

On February 7th (Wed), A meeting with SATO Holdings regarding our new joint research. Then, I had coffee with Horie-san at Shibuya.

I went to Noto on 2/14 (Wed)-16 (Fri) with NIED staff and NHK crew. I conducted interviews at secondary evacuation shelters, temporary housing, Wajima City Hall, real estate agents, and Kanazawa University.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/kanazawa/20240215/3020019071.html

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20240215/k10014359651000.html












On February 19th (Mon), I calculated the temporary housing shortage using the new earthquake damage estimation of the Tokyo metropolitan government.

On February 20th (Tue), I went to the Iranian embassy to get a visa. I had lunch with Professor Gordon. In the evening, I joined a symposium meeting with the Osaka Lawyers  Association.

On February 21st (Wed), we checked the syllabus. Participated in the Academic Affairs Committee and Faculty Meeting. I will be the Chair of the Academic Affairs Committee from this April.