10/14 (Thu) Journalist's Resource ML, Coding, HIST2016, Web interview

I got information about natural experiments from  Journalist's Resource Mailing List in the morning. "Natural experiments are real-life events, like natural disasters or new laws, that allow researchers to observe how those events affect people. We have several research roundups and articles about important natural experiments in the JR archive, and I encourage you to explore them. For more on research methods, check out our "Know Your Research" section. "


I adjusted coding about details of disaster response in Japanese results. After HIST 2016, I had coffee with Asakura-san at the Science Center. We talked about how to study English and about Japanese education here.

Then, I adjusted Powerpoint notes for the meeting about interviews and the next book composition). At last, I attended a web interview about the great west flood disaster by Prof. Sudo of the Ochanomizu university's research group.