10/18 (Mon) - 10/22 (Fri): Start writing a new book

10/18 (Mon)

I checked and coordinated PowerPoint slides and had a meeting with Prof. Gordon. We made an appointment for the next meeting on 11/1 (Mon) at 1:30 pm. Then, I started writing a new book. I wrote the preface at the beginning.


10/19 (Tue)

I wrote the table of contents for the new book and prepared chapter 1. I organized information about Kamaishi, Pakkun's talk, and Samuels book on the PowerPoint slides.

I did some work for the AIJ editorial committee and attended HIST2016. It was interesting to hear about Prof. Reischauer. After that, I went to Velmont, played tennis with Chinami Iokibe and Allen, and had dinner with them. Sarara-san also had dinner with us. She is currently going to Belmont High School from Joshigakuin High School in Japan.


10/20 (Wed)

I continued with the preparation for chapter 1, section 1. I organized the information for Part 1 of Hiroi (1995) on PowerPoint slides. I had lunch with Reischauer postdocs and Prof. Taga. I borrowed Prof. Albert Craig's book about Yukichi Fukuzawa.


10/21 (Thu)

I continued preparation for Chapter 1, Section 1. I organized the PowerPoint slides for Part 2 of Hiroi(1995), Kaji and Tsukagoshi (2012). Then, I went to the Onigiri Festival at Memorial Church and attended HIST2016. TA Sungik gave a lecture on the relationship between Japan and Southeast Asia, and after the talk, I asked him about education about modern history in Korea. Then, I had dinner at Lee-sensei's house. He told me a lot about the college here.



Oct 21 (Fri)

I started to write section 1 in chapter1, about seven pages. Then, from 4 pm,  I listened to Kara's presentation at Japan Forum. Afterward, we went to have a drink. A graduate student from the School of East Asian Languages and Civilizations was there, but my English seemed hard to understand (TT).