11/8 (Mon) - 11/9 (Tue) breakdown US mobile phone / Berlitz USA / Fatema Sumar

 11/8(Mon)

I had a Nokia 1.4. trouble and sent it by FedEx.

I did QDA of JDA search results in Japanese from no.2-3 and prepared materials for Chap.3. 

At last, I contacted Berlitz USA to improve my English. I often feel difficulty in listening and also speaking in detailed matters. 


11/9(Tue)

I organized information about internal money transfers and asked my wife in Japan to send money to my account of the bank of America.

I took the assessment test of Berlitz. about 70 questions!

After that, I checked HIST 2016 information and prepared some memos. Today’s HIST 2016 was about 3.11 disasters and usage of JDA. I met Katharine-san, former consulting producer of NHK World Japan, in the lecture and asked interview for the next book. She accepted my request.

Finally, I participated in the seminar of the Center for International Development at HKS. Moderated discussion with Fatema Sumar on her latest book, The Development Diplomat. I went to T-520 Allison Dining Room, 5th floor of the Taubman Building at the HKS. Fatema Sumar is the vice president at the US Millennium Challenge Corporation. She wrote “Development Diplomat: Working Across Borders, Boardrooms, and Bureaucracies to End Poverty” to share stories from her own journey to inspire others to invest in development diplomacy. I felt her great passion in person and could have a little conversation after the talk. She directly wrote her message to me in the book^^/