12/23 (Thu) - 12/24 (Fri) Interview with Satsuki-san / Camus's "La Peste" / Toscano

12/23 (Thu)

I prepared for a trip to New Orleans (prepared travel bags and clothes, checked airplane, hotel, and covid-19 information.)Then, I conducted an information organizing about infectious diseases. Today, I read half of Camus's "La Peste." There were a lot of related contents which I coded in NVivo before; such as view of disasters, evacuation (or tackle in the disaster-stricken area), the theory of heaven's warning, the meaning of work during a disaster,  admiration for the desperate efforts of the field, Mochiba (scope of assignment duty), etc. 

In the evening, I had an interview with Satsuki-san. She told me some impressive thoughts about the 3.11 disaster. She talked about her memory about the word "Expect the unexpected" that her teacher said at Rutgers. She used Godzilla as a metaphor to consider the Fukushima nuclear accident in her book. And she told me some important books about the 3.11 disaster in the Artholopology area. 

12/24 (Fri)

I cut some essential books and scanned them for the trip. Then, I had lunch at the Toscano with Naofumi-sensei and Saeko-san. Before that, I read the last half of Camus's "La Peste" but I could not finish it.