9/25 (Mon) - 11/19 (Sun): Busy with university duties and life / Printed manuscripts and cover arrive / Reschedule

Busy with lectures and meetings. I have six lectures per week: Information analysis exercise, Project(3rd year seminar) and Social Research,  Disaster Prevention, graduation exercise(4th year seminar), and Data Science Exercise.  However, I talked about the book in the lecture about Disaster Prevention, and Students gave me various comments. I tried to add a few to my JDA collection.

In October, I received the second printed manuscript from Kyoritsu Shuppan. I decided to make corrections and additions until January 10. The publication will be in early April. I have come up with the following points for revisions and additions.

Preface: Add personal thoughts and process.

The Great Kanto Earthquake: Add some information on the writings of Dr. Tanaka and Dr. Yoshida (Disaster Historian in Japan.)

Postwar reconstruction and economic growth: Add people's actual voices.

Postwar Disaster Prevention: Add my thoughts about the relationship with politics.

Reconsidering the Social Impact of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident

Hiroki Azuma: Add some description about his new book.

Movies: adjust description in order of Sinking of Japan, Sin-Godzilla, Drive My Car.

Final thought: search in JDA and add references about dignity, happiness, and purpose in life.

Since the discussion is mild in general, I will add some discussion as much as possible.


In late October, I gave a guest lecture at the Graduate School of the University of Tokyo. While I was preparing, I found an old flyer for an architectural competition from my student days. In early November, I applied for my university's research grant with my colleagues. Also, I talked with some students about next year's project(3rd year seminar). I think I will have a good team. In mid-November, current 3rd-year students joined a town event in Tama Ward. 



From the end of September to mid-November, I went to my son's school exhibition and sports event and my daughter's elementary school sports festival. In early October, I went to Okayama after my grandmother passed away. 





After that, I visited Yoshimi-sensei of Kokugakuin University. He gave me some comments about my book. Can you clarify the causal relationship between the social structure and natural disasters? Can you theorize? Should we describe natural disasters and war together? Why don't you focus on the research in Italy after this?