12/27 (Mon) - 12/28 (Tue) Jazz / Twisty River Band / WW2 Musuem / Isoda 2021

12/27 (mon)


I went to the Mother’s Restaurant in the morning. I had the Early bird special, grits and biscuits were amazing. Then, I joined Watanabe-san and ride a ferry, and walked around the French quoter. We had dinner at Mr. Ed’s Oyster Bar & Fish House. Then, we enjoyed the jazz. The Maison Bourbon was like good old jazz. The Twisty River Band I heard on Fritzl's was sophisticated jazz and fascinated. The trumpet&vocal was like a dandy movie actor and took a picture.




12/28 (Tue)

I went to the WWII Museum. I guessed that the content would look down on Japan, but the exhibition was not so biased. I felt that the Yushukan Museum at Yasukuni Shrine had a more special atmosphere. After moving back to the hotel, I started reading Isoda(2021) “感染症の日本史”. I read Preface to Chapter 3. In Chapter 1, countermeasures against infectious diseases are prioritized over the war by comparing the number of deaths, but I felt a little uncomfortable. Since the war has a possibility of losing nations such as culture and history in addition to human life, I think that it may not be possible to simply compare the number of deaths.