1/11 (Tue) - 1/12 (Wed): Research expenses / Cold wave / Interview with Shibayama-san

1/11(Tue)

I organized research expenses. I sorted out the expenditures for the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research and the Senshu University Research Fund, and prepared the receipts. It was a huge amount and took a whole day.

The cold wave has arrived. I saw diamond dust. The roads and cars were icy.




1/12(Wed)
Amino-san informed the missing documents regarding the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research that was processed yesterday. I prepared the missing documents and submitted them. She told me that I could purchase a note PC in the US, so I immediately ordered Macbook Air.

I had an online English lesson in the morning. I learned verbs followed by gerunds/infinitives today.
- Verbs followed by gerunds are as follows.
consider, stop, finish, practice, dislike, suggest, recommend, discuss and finish. (ex. Macro stopped working on the project.)
- Verbs followed by infinitives are as follows.
decide, agree, afford, expect, choose, learn, promise, plan prepare and offer.  (ex. The Mitchells agreed to meet us in front of the theater.)
- Verbs followed by gerunds and infinitives are as follows.
begin, continue, like, love, hate, prefer and start.
(ex. Will Lily continue working after her baby is born? Yes, she’ll continue to work part-time. )

I made questions to Prof. Isoda and sent them by e-mail. (He replied quickly.)
Then I sent a request for transcribing Japanese interviews to an acquaintance.
At the night, I interviewed Prof. Shibayama. He told me about the Michinoku Shinrokuden and the collaboration with JDA.