1/17 (Mon) - 1/18 (Tue): Crisis Management / finished 2.1 / started 2.2

1/17 (Mon)

Dr. Howitt sent me an email about my visiting research. Arnold Howitt is Founder and Faculty Co-Director of Harvard Kennedy School’s Program on Crisis Leadership. He has a lecture about crisis management in the Extension School. The school doesn't allow to have auditors in their lectures, so I will read his books and papers and have personal meetings in the near future during my visit.

After that, I checked and make some corrections to section 1 in chapter2. I wrote about a framework for historical writing, but I'm worried the necessity. And I started to organize materials about infectious diseases for writing. In the night, I had an online meeting with Watanabe-sensei and others.

1/18 (Tue)

I finished writing section 1 (descriptive framework) in chapter 2 and started to write section 2 (How have the world's great disasters been described in Japan?) I finished writing social structure before the 14C plague pandemic.

In the evening, I did some muscle training and running on the machine at MAC. I felt a pain in my right wrist and I'm worried.