1/19 (Wed) - 1/21 (Fri): History of plagues / limitation of audit (Covid rule)

1/19 (Wed)

In the morning, I participated the HKS seminar “Post Pandemic: Driving Inclusive Growth in Asia.” Today’s topic was “Education in Asia: Post Pandemic.” The chair was Dr. Asim I. Khwaja (Harvard Kennedy School) and the Speakers were Dr. Bernard Tan(National University of Singapore), Dr. Jishnu Das (Georgetown University), and Dr. Rukmini Banerji (Pratham). Chairman looked for an optimistic viewpoint about this issue. Speakers talked about digital literacy, data Literacy, migration, equality/inequality in the post-pandemic.

After that, I wrote a history of plagues using Yamamoto 2020 and Wakimura 2020. Then, I had an online English lesson. I brushed up present perfect and past present progressive. I went to Target to buy K-cup pods for office use. It was about 18 USD with 22 cups. I think it was a good deal.

1/20 (Thu)

I reserved booster shoot on next Friday. And I send request email to attend the HKS lecture “Mitigating and Managing Crises.”  

I wrote a history of plagues. It’s almost finished but I realize to add discriptions about response. In the night, I attended online meeting with Rikuzentakata Project members.


1/21 (Fri)

In the morning, I took an online Berlitz lesson.

- take a look at

- I don't know any off the top of my head.

- to be keen on: interested in something and enjoying it, especially an activity that you do often

- to have itchy feet: to start to want to travel or do something different

Then, I listened to Prof. Asano's seminar about the relationship between Korea and Japan. And I attended an online session on “Mitigating and Managing Crises.” There were over 60 students and they have a limitation (about 20?). In this semester, they are unable to accept auditors because of strict Covid rule. I was disappointed about that, but I realized that this is good for my book writing.