2/7 (Mon) - 2/13 (Sun): finished writing 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake / 1944 Tonankai Earthquake / 1945 Mikawa Earthquake

I finished writing the 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake. I found critical Asahi Shimbun's editorial on the 10th anniversary of the earthquake. We can read dramatic shifts from the reconstruction to the war. Behind this was the army's dedicated contribution to the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923. While the police were struggling, they played an active role in relief efforts. The Great Kanto Earthquake was the pivotal event that led to a shift from democratic to military politics. Also, I finished writing the 1944 Tonankai Earthquake and 1945 Mikawa Earthquake. I learned of the terrible government control of information.

I had two online private English lessons. Ms. Colette told me about some lovely lofts in Charlestown and South Boston. And I found an interesting book, "From Strength to Strength" by Arthur Brooks

On Friday night, I had dinner with Taga-sensei and Nakamura-sensei. On Saturday, I played tennis with Yamashita-san and his friends. Then, I organized an online meeting about disaster prevention and workcation with Japanese scholars and business persons.