3/2 (Wed) - 3/8 (Tue): 1989-2010 general history / Lunch with Ide-sensei / Interview with Gordon-sensei

I have finished writing a general history of the years 1989-2010. I read "The Heisei Era," written by Yoshimi-sensei. It summarized it as an era of "failure."

After that, I started to write a summary part of the Great East Japan Earthquake.

On 3/2 (Wed), I had lunch with Ide-sensei, famous for his work on dark tourism. It had been a long time.

On 3/3 (Thu), I attended the seminar "Covid: Year Three" at HKS IOP and listened to Dr. Michael Mina and Helen Branswell's talk with great interest. They discussed mistrust health care system, millions of people died in this country, decision-making with unperfected information, etc.


On 3/7 (Mon), I interviewed Prof. Andrew Gordon. We talked about JDA, the 3.11 disasters, the relationship between history and disasters, and redefining success. He told me that my extended metaphor of the river flow is not good from an international relations viewpoint.


On March 8 (Tue), visiting scholars of the Reischauer Institute gathered and took photos. Taga-sensei will return to Japan soon. Time flies.