4/18 (Mon) - 4/24 (Sun): QDA of Asahi, Nikkei and WSJ / Change of Pace

I restarted working on Part 2: "What was described the 3.11 disasters?". First, I added codes for pre-disaster trends to my previous qualitative data analysis of Google search results. Then, I conducted QDA of 10 articles each from the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Asahi Shimbun, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times. 

The contents of the Japanese newspaper were almost in my mind. One of the post-disaster trends was the discussion of the Disaster Prevention Agency. 

The Wall Street Journal articles included some articles that were not familiar to me. They described agricultural topics, the massive cost of dealing with the accident, and civil lawsuits against TEPCO executives in the nuclear accident. There was an article about an insensitive tweet by an American actor regarding the earthquake and tsunami. There was a lot of criticism, the appearance of defenders, criticism from commercial sponsors, and apologies. I felt that the pattern of flaming on SNS continues today. A common topic between the nuclear accident and the earthquake/tsunami was the description of despair, anxiety, mental health care, and the mentality of overcoming tragedy.

I visited the Peabody Museum for a change of pace, and I purchased an iPad for viewing scanned book pdf files. Also, I restarted training and went to Ittoku to enjoy the Asahi draft. On the weekend, I joined the Boston Tennis Club at the Spy Pond Tennis Courts. I played a single match, but it was a disappointing result.