5/26(Thu) - 6/5(Sun): Part 1 Adjustment / Start QDA of interviews / Plymouth etc


Part 1 adjustment has been completed. I made a lot of changes to the text. I also prepared charts and created the JDA collection. The manuscript became 267 pages through 5 chapters and 2 sections. It is a bit redundant and needs to be shortened. I contacted Kyoritsu Shuppan. Because of the lack of progress, they accepted the final deadline for December or January after my return to Japan.

I attended Jonas' farewell gathering at the terrace of CGIS, but I was a little depressed because I could not keep up with their English talk. I met  Fukushima-san of Belfer Center and Ikeda-san of Asia Center. They were wonderful well-experienced scholars. Then I went to Thirsty Scholar's Pub with Nakamura-sensei. At the end of the week, I finally started to analyze chapter 5, section 3, the interviews with Japanese and U.S. experts. I finished QDA of Isoda, Iokibe, and Nakabayashi-sensei's talks.


Over the weekend, Koichiro Nakamura, an old friend of the university tennis club, came to Boston. We walked around the Harvard campus, went to Plymouth plantation, and visited the New Balance flagship store. We had dinner at Union Oyster House. His wife and daughters reminded me of my family in Tokyo(TT).