7/4 (Mon) - 7/17 (Sun): Finished writing the interview survey / New Hampshire / Acadia National Park / Kew West and Miami

I finished writing the results of the interview survey. Then I adjusted the structure of the chapters and became finished writing until chapter 7. I decided to write chapter 8 as the final chapter. Book work did not progress due to overlapping travel. However, during trips, I read Ryota Fukushima's book about reconstruction culture and made notes.

On 7/6-7/7, I visited Gordon-sensei's summer house in New Hampshire. We enjoyed kayaking on the lake and had a barbecue. 




On 7/8, We met with Vice President Mark Elliott. He talked to us about the complicated relationship between Poland and Ukraine. 


My mother came to Boston and we visited the Kennedy Library and the city of Boston. 




7/11-7/13, I went to Acadia National Park with my colleagues at the Reischauer Institute. 








From 7/14-7/16, I traveled to Florida with my mother. In Key West, we visited Hemingway's house and Truman's house. In Miami, we ate Cuban food and swam in the ocean. On 7/17, we went to Arlington to do a PCR test for my mother.