10/24 Mon - 10/30 Sun: Variations on the social meaning / Anticipated Nankai Trough Massive Earthquakes

A lecture on environmental disaster management became opportunities to review the book manuscript. The plague, the Great Fire of London, the Lisbon earthquake, and the Great Kanto Earthquake are variations on the social meaning of disasters, such as direct (main cause), indirect, paradoxical, cultural and direct (one factor). After I gave the lectures, I made some rewriting. I emailed three experts who had not confirmed their interview drafts. Katharine Starr replied with confirmation of the drafts.

NHK interviewed me about temporary housing during an anticipated Nankai Trough massive earthquakes. I gave a report with some simple calculations and talked about it. I will make some analysis of the survey that was conducted in 2018 with Maki-sensei.