2/13 (Mon) - 2/19 (Sun): Turkey and Syria Earthquake Disaster / Syllabus / Entered the Final Stage

 AIJ's Disaster Committee held an in-person meeting on February 13, and a WG was set up to prepare for sending a survey team to Turkey and Syria to investigate the recent serious earthquake. I decided to join the WG. I hope to join the field survey at the end of March.


This week I worked on the syllabus of 2023. Also, I worked on the book. I wrote a manuscript about new threats as a final cosideration. After that, I realized that the summary should have discussed the relationship between disasters and history. I should continue writing the closing part. And I decided to revive QDA for web searches and newspaper articles. The number of pages came to 370. After cutting back significantly on figures and tables, it is now at 340 pages. I need to cut another 60p next week. First, I think I will cut down the description of the first chapter and reduce the manuscript from 14 expert interviews.