11/18 (Sat)-12/10 (Sun) Kyoto / Tama Ward 3 University Cooperative Program / Interviews / Great Kanto Earthquake / Reconstruction Design Research Award


On 12/2, I went to Kyoto University to join a study group on temporary housing. Dr. Suguru Tanaka of Urban History Research gave an interesting presentation on the history of temporary housing. I had some interesting conversations with Dr. Tanaka at the reception. After that, I made a proposal to go to Italy next summer with Prof. Iwasa of Hosei Univ. On 12/3, I took a walk at Kyoto Gosho for the first time in a while. 




On 12/4, I had lunch with Prof. Jordan Sand of Georgetown Univ. He told me about the Great Fire of Amsterdam, which preceded the Great Fire of London, and the relationship between the reality of Edo Bakufu's administration and the Great Fire of Edo. 

On 12/5, I gave a presentation at the Tama Ward 3-university collaboration project review committee. The committee contacted me in the evening and told me we were selected as a university candidate. Next year, we're going to conduct a social experiment on Disaster Prevention DX. 

On 12/7, I was interviewed by NHK. It was reported the next day on the news, the Metropolitan Area Network. 

- https://www.nhk.or.jp/shutoken/chiba/article/017/86/

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/chiba/20231208/1080022363.html


On 12/9, I participated in the Reconstruction Design Study Group. A previous microsimulation study received a Reconstruction Design Research Award. 



12/10 I watched a basketball game with my wife's friend and my family. 


Before that, I participated as a commentator at Japan History Group on 11/22. Dr. Michiko Suzuki of the University of Tokyo gave a presentation on the Great Kanto Earthquake and the Red Cross. After the presentation, I enjoyed dinner with Prof. Nakamura and Prof. Iokibe. 

On 11/30, I had an interview by my univesity with TV personality Ueda-san. 

Anyway, It was beneficial to learn about the Red Cross and the Korean Massacre through research meetings. Also, Prof.Sand gave me some valuable information. I want to add some descriptions to my book.